Can I use my USA passport to study here in Spain while my student Visa processes?

  1. Pretty sure you need a Spanish entry stamp on that American Canadian passport in order to request student residency (estancia) and get your tarjeta, which you need to do if you are staying more than six months. If someone were to Fedex your Canadian passport with the visa to you, I think you'd need to exit Schengen and reenter (weekend trip to London?) using the Canadian passport with the visa pasted in to get the stamp.

  2. Make sure you know all of this in advance. It's hard to predict timelines and how things will play out here. I would definitely say, don't risk it and just be sure everything is asked 10 times and you travel or stay without any worry. Bottom line....NO

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Author: admin